Dog and Cat

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is my cats breed a bombay?

I have a cat and he is 17 years old. He is pure black apart from a white patch under his neck that is about 3cm by 3cm. His eyes are a coppery yellow colour.





I was reading a book about cat breeds and there was a picture of a Bombay cat that looks exactly like my cat apart from the white patch. I read the characteristics and they were all like my cat and I read the appearance and it sounds exactly like my cat apart from the white patch. I then read on and it said that pure black all over and my cat isn't because of his white patch on his chin.





If my cat isn't a bombay then what breed could he be. I really want to know!





P.S


He had a brother that has sadly past away who looked exactly like him. He also had the white patch under his neck. I guess it might be something to do with genes but I'm ot sure. Please help!





Thank You for all of your help : )



You just asked this, and I said:





Probably not! :)





Unless he came from a breeder and has the papers to prove it, your kitty is simply a very handsome-sounding Domestic Shorthair, or DSH.





Best of luck with him!




Unless you have papers to prove he is a Bombay, its very unlikely to be one. Bombay's are not running around loose - they are not a popular pet and are pretty much confined to dedicated breeders or those showing the cats.





And white spots are never found on Bombays. They were originally bred from Burmese cats and basically look like a black Burmese instead of a brown one.




odds are he is a domestic short hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat and Dog