Dog and Cat

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New born kitten, might be runt, isn

My cat just had four kittens today. They are so cute! I am worried about one though. I think it is the runt. It doesn't seem to eat. I have not seen it eating a single time. I try to put it to a teat and it won't grab onto it. But it still searches around for one when I put her down. The other kittens grab onto one right away but not this one. What should I do? Maybe I missed it and she isn't hungry (though I doubt that since they are only hours old) or maybe she doesn't have feeling in her nose and can't figure out when something is there? any suggestions? Should I go get a kitten bottle and try to bottle feed her?



if the kitten doesnt get any of his mother milk within the first day or two it could be bad..def try bottle feeding if nothing else..watch the kittens for awhile..if ur sure the other kittens are eating good id move them and let the little one eat by himself for a while unless the mama cat doesnt want to do that..sometimes if theres 3 other kittens they will push the littlest away and he wont be able to latch on and sit for awhile on the teat..good luck




my cat did the same thing when she was little. Sometimes it takes time for the kitties to ajust I gave mine 8 hours but she wouldn't eat so I bought I bottle. If you do bottle feed warm up the milk but not too much.that's all it took for mine.




Put a drop of warm milk on the tip of your finger and see if she licks it. If so, try putting her on the mama cat again. If she still doesn't eat, then get a bottle.


..




deffinatly get a kitten bottle. but use the right kind of kitten milk not cows milk :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat and Dog